Fun Facts about Gretchen Meyer
Financial planning is a pretty intimate thing. It’s tough to spill your guts to a professional without knowing anything about them. So, I try to share as much about myself as I can with my clients so they feel more comfortable opening up about their most intimate financial affairs with me. Here are a few little known facts to help you get to know me better:
- I spent the majority of my childhood in central Jersey, very close to Manhattan. I grew up appreciating the culture and energy of the Big Apple, and especially loved the theater. Broadway musicals were my favorite.
- I am an only child, and have always wanted a brother or sister.
- I have a dog named Jackson who is my side kick. He is so much fun, and is as outgoing as I am!
- I have always loved saving and handling money. Monopoly was - and still is - one of my favorite board games.
- I love to dance. When I was younger, I danced 4-6 hours a night. Modern dance and jazz were my favorite, and I competed nationally.
- If I could live on wine and cheese, I would be a very happy lady.
- I'm a huge geek. I love to learn. I earned a full scholarship for undergrad, and believe it or not, I was a theater major. Later, I achieved a 4.0 GPA at Villanova University, where I got my first advanced degree taking evening courses. I studied Strategic Communications there and spent most of my time researching how media shapes culture. I also have my MBA, which I completed full time while working full time. Recently, I started course work towards my CFP (Certified Financial Planner) designation. One of the things I love most about this career is the necessity to continue to learn, as the laws and world economy continue to evolve.
- Traveling feeds my soul, and the older I get, the more adventure I crave.
- I have an unbelievable work ethic and drive, which I thank my parents for. My favorite quote is, “The harder I work, the luckier I get.”
- For fun, I enjoy yoga, hiking, golfing, skiing and cooking.